In December, each Toyota and Lexus unveiled a number of new electrified merchandise which is able to kind a core aspect in its carbon impartial technique. Globally, the corporate will provide 30 battery electrical autos by 2030 overlaying all segments. By this date, TME goals to be have a mixture of no less than 50% zero emission autos in Western Europe whereas the Lexus model targets a 100% ZEV combine in the identical interval. Shifting in direction of 2035, TME might be prepared for 100% CO2 discount in all new autos inside the EU area. Throughout the shorter time period, TME will increase its ZEV product provide to 10 fashions by 2025.
Manufacturers and mannequin efficiency
Toyota elevated its share of the mainstream market by +0.6 ppts to six.3% in 2021, whereas gross sales quantity grew by +9% to 1,003,859. The model’s finest sellers, Corolla, Yaris and RAV4 accounted for 55% of quantity. Total, hybrid electrical autos represented 58% (+ 5.0 ppts year-on-year) and 69% (up + 6.0s ppts) in West Europe.
Key new launches included the all new Yaris Cross compact SUV. In April 2021, the brand new battery electrical bZ sub-brand, constructed on a devoted eTNGA platform was introduced, adopted by the European premiere of the bZ4X SUV in December 2021.
Lexus elevated gross sales quantity by +2% year-on-year and achieved a premium market share of two.3%. The model’s finest sellers, UX, NX and RX accounted for 81% of quantity. Total, hybrid electrical autos represented 61% of complete Europe gross sales, growing to 90% in Western and Central Europe.
In This fall 2021 Lexus launched the second era NX, introducing the model’s first plug-in electrical car alongside a considerably improved hybrid electrical mannequin. The model has lately introduced that its first all-electric car on a devoted platform, the RZ 450e, might be revealed within the first half of 2022. Lexus has bold development plans of 20 mannequin launches by 2025, virtually doubling quantity to 130,000 autos in Europe on this interval.
TME highlights January- December 2021:
· Whole gross sales: 1,076,300 (+8.4% year-on-year)
· Market share: 6.4% (+0.4% year-on-year)
· Whole hybrid gross sales: 623,777 (+19% year-on-year)
· Hybrid combine: West Europe: 70% – East Europe*: 24% – TTL: 58%
Toyota highlights January- December 2021:
· Toyota gross sales: 1,003,859 (+9% year-on-year)
· Prime sellers: Corolla Vary (208,028); Yaris (179,383); RAV4 (161,266)
· Prime hybrids: Yaris Hybrid (143,595); Corolla Hybrid Vary (166,811); Toyota C-HR Hybrid (112,757)
· Whole hybrid: 579,698 (+19% year-on-year)
· Hybrid combine: West Europe: 69% – East Europe*: 26% – TTL: 58%
Lexus highlights January- December 2021:
· Whole Lexus gross sales: 72,441 (+2% year-on-year)
· Prime sellers: UX Vary (21,144); NX Vary (19,493); RX Vary (18,346)
· Prime hybrids: UX Hybrid (17,261); NX Hybrid (14,255); RX Hybrid (5,718)
· Whole hybrid gross sales: 44,079 (-1% year-on-year)
· Hybrid combine: West Europe: 90% – East Europe*: 8% – TTL: 61%
Gross sales for January – December 2021 are listed under:
TOTAL TOYOTA / LEXUS
|Yaris (incl. Yaris Hybrid)||
|Yaris Cross (incl Yaris Cross Hybrid)||
|Yaris Cross Hybrid||
|Corolla H/B & Touring Sports activities (together with Hybrid)||
|Corolla H/B & Touring Sports activities Hybrid||
|Toyota C-HR (incl. Hybrid)||
|Toyota C-HR Hybrid||
|Corolla SDN (incl. Hybrid)||
|Corolla SDN Hybrid||
|Prius Plug-in Hybrid||
|Camry (incl. Camry Hybrid)||
|RAV4 (incl. RAV4 Hybrid & RAV4 Plug-In Hybrid)||
|RAV4 Plug-In Hybrid||
|Highlander (incl. Highlander Hybrid)||
|PROACE (inc PROACE EV)||
|PROACE EV (inc PROACE VERSO EV)||
|IS (incl. IS Hybrid)||
|ES (incl. ES Hybrid)||
|LS (incl. LS Hybrid)||
|NX (incl. NX Hybrid)||
|UX (incl. UX Hybrid)||
|RX (incl. RX Hybrid)||
|RC (incl. RC Hybrid)||
|LC (incl. LC Hybrid)||
(1) EU C02 fleet refers to common emissions of vehicles registered in EU27 + Iceland and Norway. Reference to focus on achievement right here is for Toyota + Lexus gross sales, based mostly on preliminary inner information forward of the common launch schedule of official figures by the EU Fee.
(2) Toyota Motor Europe is answerable for all Western, Central and Japanese European international locations together with Turkey and Russia in addition to Israel and quite a lot of Central Asian markets (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Kazakhstan).
*East Europe consists of Russia, Kazakhstan, Caucasus, Ukraine, Turkey and Israel.
Fashions listed in italics are produced regionally at Toyota’s European manufacturing services.
ppLoadLater.placeholderFBSDK = ppLoadLater.placeholderFBSDK.be a part of("n");